If you are looking for a way to make money online as a freelancer, you might want to consider creating a gig on Fiverr and Unseen Market. These are two of the most popular platforms for finding and offering freelance services, ranging from graphic design to web development to writing.
A gig is a service that you offer to clients for a fixed price and duration. Creating a gig on Fiverr and Unseen Market can help you showcase your skills, attract clients, and earn income. However, creating a gig is not as simple as posting a description and waiting for orders. You need to follow some steps and best practices to create a gig that stands out and sells.
In this blog post, we will show you how to create a gig on Fiverr and Unseen Market in 2023. We will cover the following steps:
- Step 1: Choose your service and niche
- Step 2: Research your market and competitors
- Step 3: Create your profile and portfolio
- Step 4: Create your gig title and description
- Step 5: Set your gig pricing and packages
- Step 6: Publish and promote your gig
By following these steps, you will be able to create a gig that showcases your value proposition, meets your clients’ needs, and generates sales.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Step 1: Choose your service and niche
The first step to creating a gig on Fiverr and Unseen Market is to choose your service and niche. You need to decide what kind of service you want to offer, who your target audience is, and what problem you can solve for them.
To choose your service and niche, you need to consider the following factors:
- Your skills and expertise: You should choose a service that matches your skills and expertise. For example, if you are good at graphic design, you can offer logo design, flyer design, or banner design services. If you are good at web development, you can offer website creation, landing page design, or WordPress installation services.
- Your passion and interest: You should choose a service that you are passionate and interested in. This will help you enjoy your work, deliver quality results, and stay motivated. For example, if you love writing, you can offer blog writing, copywriting, or ebook writing services. If you love music, you can offer songwriting, voiceover, or podcast editing services.
- Your market demand and competition: You should choose a service that has high market demand and low competition. This will help you find more clients, charge higher rates, and stand out from the crowd. For example, if you have a rare skill or certification that few others have, you can offer it as a service. If you have a unique style or approach that sets you apart from others, you can use it as a selling point.
To find out what kind of services are in demand and what kind of competition exists on Fiverr and Unseen Market, you can do some market research by browsing the categories and subcategories on each platform. You can also use tools like Google Trends or Keyword Planner to see what keywords people are searching for related to your service.
Step 2: Research your market and competitors
The second step to creating a gig on Fiverr and Unseen Market is to research your market and competitors. You need to understand who your potential clients are, what they are looking for, what their pain points are, and how they make their buying decisions.
You also need to analyze who your competitors are, what they are offering, how they are pricing their services, how they are presenting their gigs, and what their strengths and weaknesses are.
To research your market and competitors, you can use the following methods:
- Read client reviews: You can read the reviews left by clients on other freelancers’ gigs to see what they liked or disliked about their experience. This will help you identify what clients value most in terms of quality, communication, delivery time, etc.
- Check out competitor gigs: You can check out the gigs of other freelancers who offer similar services to yours to see how they structure their titles, descriptions, prices, packages, extras, requirements, etc. This will help you learn from their best practices and avoid their mistakes.
Step 3: Create your profile and portfolio
Your profile and portfolio are the most important parts of your Fiverr or Unseen Market account. They showcase your skills, experience, and personality to potential buyers who are looking for your services. Here are some tips on how to create a professional and attractive profile and portfolio on Unseen Market:
- Complete your profile information. Fill out all the fields in your profile settings, such as your name, description, education, languages, skills, and profile picture. Make sure your information is accurate, relevant, and error-free. Your profile picture should be clear, friendly, and professional.
- Write a catchy biography. Your biography is where you display your previous work and demonstrate your abilities. It should summarize what you do and what makes you unique. You can also add a description for each project, explaining what you did, how you did it, and what results you achieved.
By following these tips, you can create a profile and portfolio that will help you stand out from the crowd and attract more clients on The Unseen Market and Fiverr.
Step 4: Create your gig title and description
Your gig title and description are the first things that buyers will see when they search for your service on Fiverr or Unseen Market. They should be clear, catchy, and convincing, so that buyers will click on your gig and order from you. Here are some tips on how to create a great gig title and description:
- Use keywords. Keywords are the words or phrases that buyers use to find your service. You should research and include relevant keywords in your gig title and description, so that your gig will rank higher in The Unseen Market’s or Fiverr search results. For example, if you offer logo design, you can use keywords like “logo design”, “minimalist logo”, “logo for business”, etc.
- Solve a problem. Buyers are looking for solutions to their problems or needs. You should identify and address their pain points in your gig title and description, and show how your service can help them. For example, if you offer video editing, you can say something like “I will edit your video professionally and fast” or “I will make your video stand out with amazing effects”.
- Highlight your value. You should emphasize what makes you different and better than other sellers in your category. You can mention your skills, experience, qualifications, achievements, or any other unique selling points that you have. For example, if you offer content writing, you can say something like “I have 5 years of experience in content writing” or “I have written for Forbes, Huffington Post, and other reputable publications”.
- Be clear and concise. You should avoid using vague or generic words in your gig title and description. You should also avoid using too many words or sentences that may confuse or bore the buyers. You should use simple and direct language that communicates your offer clearly and concisely. For example, instead of saying “I will do anything related to graphic design”, you can say “I will design a stunning flyer for your event”.
- Proofread and format. You should check your gig title and description for any spelling, grammar, or punctuation errors before publishing them. You should also use proper formatting to make your gig description easy to read and scan. You can use bullet points, headings, bolding, or highlighting to organize your information and emphasize the important points.
Step 5: Set your gig pricing and addon services
Your gig pricing and add-on services are the options that you offer to buyers who want to order your service. You can set different prices and features for each package, depending on the level of quality, complexity, and delivery time of your service. Here are some tips on how to set your gig pricing and packages:
- Research the market. You should research and compare the prices of other sellers in your category and niche, and see what they are charging for similar services. You should also consider your skills, experience, quality, and value when setting your prices. You don’t want to overprice or underprice your service, as both can affect your sales and reputation.
- Be clear and consistent. You should make sure that your gig pricing and packages are clear and consistent with your gig title and description. You should explain what is included and what is not included in each package, and avoid any confusion or misunderstanding with the buyers. You should also use proper formatting and punctuation to make your pricing and packages easy to read and understand.
- Offer extras and upgrades. Extras and upgrades are additional features or services that you can offer to buyers on top of your packages. For example, you can offer faster delivery, source files, revisions, or custom offers as extras or upgrades. You can add extras and upgrades from the Pricing section on the Create a Gig page. Extras and upgrades help you to increase your revenue and customer satisfaction.
Step 6: Publish and promote your gig
Your gig is almost ready to go live. Before you publish it, you should review it and make sure everything is correct and complete. You can preview your gig and see how it will look like to buyers. You can also edit your gig if you need to make any changes. Here are some tips on how to publish and promote your gig:
- Publish your gig. When you are satisfied with your gig, you can click on the Publish button at the bottom of the Create a Gig page1. Your gig will be submitted for review and approval by the marketplace. This may take up to 24 hours. Once your gig is approved, it will be visible on the marketplace and ready for orders.
- Promote your gig. Publishing your gig is not enough to get orders. You need to promote your gig and reach out to potential buyers who are looking for your service.
- Share your gig on social media. You can share your gig on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc. You can use hashtags, keywords, images, videos, and testimonials to attract attention and drive traffic to your gig.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog post and learned something new and useful.
We appreciate your support and feedback, and we love hearing from you. We will keep creating and sharing more content that can help you achieve your goals and dreams.
Thank you for being part of our Unseen Market community.
The Unseen Market Team.